January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolutions 2014

2014 just has a nice ring to it, and I'm planning to build off of the end of 2013 and just keep going.  Here are my resolutions for the different aspects of my life:

Personal:
-Complete the T-25 50 day program while maintaining a "clean" eating style and running one time per weekend.  The clean eating style will definitely be the most difficult part for me, but I'm up for the challenge of grocery shopping for success and using a little good ol' self-discipline.
-Spend quality time with my grandparents and parents at least once per week.  The end of this year has shattered our community with the losses of two beautiful women, who were also retired teachers, taken from this earth way too soon from cancer.  We always think we have time, until we don't, so I'm committed to making my relationships with the people that matter most to me the best they can be.
-With my boyfriend, another person who is a pretty big deal in my life :), I would like to make the goal to continue to develop our relationship by going on dates, committing to sitting down just to talk, and trying to do nice things for him every now and again.

Professional:
-Make time for my Master's work every Sunday afternoon and spend time doing it every week.  This will prevent me from doing what I am doing now: trying to finish everything up for my online class at the last minute.  I am a procrastinator at heart, and I need to address this head on in 2014 if I don't want to stress myself out with my Master's work.
-In my classroom, I want to really focus in on my writing instruction over the second half of the year by using formative assessment, anecdotal notes from conferences, and exit slips to constantly be evaluating what I should teach next, who I should pull into guided writing groups, and who I should be individually conferring with.  I hope that by differentiating my instruction better than I am now, I can make each individual in my classroom a better writer.
-In 2014 I would like to write at least three blog posts a month.  I absolutely love blogging and need to make regular time to do it.
-For TpT, I have a list of five products that I am ITCHING to produce and share with everyone, and I need to commit time during the summer to putting those ideas into action.

Can't wait to see what 2014 brings.  14 is my lucky number, so it has to be amazing?  Right?

6 comments :

  1. Committing to spending more time with your family is so important. Have a great start to your new year:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more. I hope you have a great start to your new year as well! :)

      Delete
  2. You're SO right about making it a goal to spend quality time with your parents and grandparents. When I lost my grandma last year, I couldn't help but think of the times I didn't see her, despite the fact that I saw her pretty often. I'm sure they will love that goal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me of the importance. There is really never a good excuse to not find the time. Every Saturday afternoon, my mom, grandma, and I go out to lunch and shopping. I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. You are very inspirational - I am a resource teacher and am just so impressed with the level of instruction you deliver. I like your honesty in sharing your personal and professional goals it is important to balance and remember what is important. Thank you for inspiring me everytime I read a post and look forward to your next update. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're so sweet. I so appreciate my blog followers and people who like to read what I have to say. I definitely try to present my most honest opinion: that's the best part about the blog world. I hope you have a great start to your new year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...